What an awesome weekend. Read my update below:
- Our LifePoint Women’s retreat was this weekend. Over 170 women attended. Since I’m not a woman I had to get all my information second-hand, but what I have heard has been very positive about the retreat! Lots of great moments and women being encouraged and strengthened in their walk with God.
- Friday evening we started our fall study in our Community Group. We are going through A Harmony of the Four Gospels by Orville E. Daniel. Lots of excitement and things to look forward to in our group.
- The Saturday Westminster Farmers’ Market was great. We sold 35 pounds of Furnace Hills Coffee. We had good conversations with many. It was a nice morning and you could start to feel fall in the air.
- Saturday evening and Sunday morning we attended the worship gatherings at LifePoint. We continue our series “Confi-Dents”. Basically what happens when our faith takes hits. This weekend we looked at being rear-ended by satan. It was an awesome teaching time by Joe Duke and the music time was great as well.
- Throughout the weekend I tuned into the observances on this tenth anniversary of the 9/11 attacks. They were moving and made me proud to be an American.
- We have started watching our attendance figures at LifePoint more carefully. Saturday evening seems to be picking up. In fact this past weekend there were more babies in the baby nursery at 4:30 on Saturday than on Sunday morning at 10:45. We had approximately 80 more adults in worship over the weekend than last year on this weekend. And … last year on this weekend we didn’t have over 170 women gone on retreat. We all want to be a good steward of the souls God is bringing our way.
- On another note… The New York Giants lost to Washington yesterday afternoon. We’ve got a long way to go this year. It does remind me a bit of the 2007 season and that was the year we won the Super Bowl. Just thinking…
Hope you all had a great weekend as well.