What a great weekend. It went by to quickly though. Hope you had a good one as well.
- We had an exciting community group meeting on Friday evening. An excellent discussion on the last two sermons on the parables from speakers at LifePoint Church. The one that engendered the most discussion was the parable of the wedding feast (Matthew 22:1-14). Some of us didn’t totally agree with the interpretation of the parable. We all agreed we need to be doing good works, not to earn or keep our salvation, but to be able to stand before God some day and hear, “Well done good and faithful servant.”
- We bought paint for our Furnace Hills Coffee roastery. Great colors that complement our logo. Should look awesome when we get it on the walls. On another front with Furnace Hills… got into an excellent cyber conversation about using the coffee business for furthering the Kingdom. Looking forward to where that takes us as like-minded coffee people talk about Business as Mission (BAM).
- Saturday evening and Sunday morning worship gatherings at LifePoint were just outstanding. Once again another great teaching on a parable. One couple in the lobby said they didn’t want the series to end. They have learned so much in the last several weeks. What a great comment on how people are growing through the great worship gatherings at LifePoint Church.
- There was a women’s ministry welcome dinner last night for new women to LifePoint. Louise was a table host and just really enjoyed her table participants. Very new people — four weeks — to women who have been attending for a couple of years.
- While Louise was at the women’s dinner I was home getting ready for the next sixty days. Decided to move from P90X to Insanity with Shawn T. Oh Mommy, I did the fitness test last night. It was eight moves a minute long each with a 90 second break in between each exercise where Shawn was talking etc. Well I was sopping wet with sweat. This is going to be a challenge for sure. I’ll let you know how the sixty days are going. I do the first session tonight!
Well that was our weekend. Have a great week and we’ll stay in touch!