What an interesting weekend. Lots of things happening. See below:
- Spent a part of Saturday working on relief details for LifePoint Church in Haiti. We have decided to send our funds through World Relief. They have a great work already on the ground there. Their website has had a huge amount of information and prayer resources as well. You can access their site at http://wr.org. It will be exciting to see how much LifePoint Church gave over the weekend to the relief efforts in Haiti.
- Part of our weekend services included a prayer time for Haiti. We broke-up into small groups throughout the worship center and prayed. It was very moving.
- We have a couple at LifePoint who have a not-for-profit in Haiti working with an orphanage. You can find their work at http://hope-for-haiti.org.
- Over the weekend I also posted a site where you can see a video update from Matt Chandler. Matt is the Sr. Pastor of the Village Church in Flower Mound, TX. The church has a weekend attendance of around 6,000. Matt is 34 years old and has a brain tumor. It is an inspiring update and Matt will be doing a video blog every Friday. It is a challenging experience personally to watch the video blog. Matt is the age of my son Eric. You can view that video at http://fm.thevillagechurch.net/blog/pastors/?p=466
- Joe taught on the Pride of Prejudice this weekend. What a great talk and mixed reaction. It was a talk on a biblical view of race and prejudice. What a great message for this weekend as we celebrate the life of Dr. King. You can catch the talk at http://www.lifepointchurch.us. Click on the sermon tab.
- Lots of great conversations this weekend. I love connecting people. We have a number of college students coming from McDaniel. I was able to connect five of them who didn’t know each other. What fun!
Hope your weekend was meaningful and good. Looking forward to an exciting week.