What a great weekend. It snowed in the Furnace Hills for the first time this season. We had about 5 inches of the white stuff. It has been a beautiful weekend.
- Before the snow arrived I led a memorial service on Friday evening for a man who passed away in his sleep before Thanksgiving. He was only 50 years old. It is always encouraging to see how many lives someone touches in a life-time. It was a two-hour service, but worth the time to reflect on God’s activity through this one life.
- The snow caused a low attendance on Saturday evening at LifePoint Church. It was cool, though, to see the people that were there. And you know the kind of atmosphere the bad weather breeds! It was a fun time.
- Joe kicked off a three-part series on the Atonement. You need to go to www.lifepointchurch.us and listen to it. It will blow you away. Some great biblical doctrines about the atonement shared in fresh insightful ways. I’m going to listen to/watch it again.
- I had a couple of meetings on Sunday morning during the services.
- A group of men are really interested in serving the poor and orphans in Africa. They came with some ideas and it was encouraging to see their hearts.
- We had a debrief of our trip last month to Guatemala. It was a great meeting. Much to do there in partnering with SETECA Seminary as well as with our good friends Oscar & Ana Maria Campos.
- Finished the weekend off with a GREAT NY Giants victory over the Cowboys! Perhaps there’s still hope.
Hope you all had a great weekend. Let’s look to God for the week ahead.