What a great weekend! It really started on Thursday evening when I attended the DC/Baltimore Manager-Tools Meet-Up in Arlington, VA. Check it out below.
- Thursday evening six of us met at Ted’s in Arlington, VA for our quarterly Manager-Tools Meet-Up. I always enjoy these times because I get a chance to swap ideas with people in the trenches doing their best in managing their people in their respective corporations. It was a good time.
- Friday evening we had our first “official” community group meeting. We had dinner together and worked through our first study. It was thoroughly enjoyable. Our leader did the great job in leading our group. I think it’s going to be a great group to share life together.
- Saturday evening and Sunday morning we did Focus again. Focus is LifePoint new-comer orientation. I love the times we spend getting to know the new people at LifePoint and steer them in directions that lead to them becoming Christ-like Influencers. We had 16 people Saturday evening and 22 on Sunday morning. Great questions too! Jodie & Adam did an awesome job as well with their respective presentations.
- Joe’s talk on the weekend was great. It was the second talk in our Restless series. Joe talked about Why a cool church isn’t good enough. Great thoughts on what makes a church great. And being cool isn’t one of them.
- We stayed after church on Sunday for the HUGS Thanksgiving Feast. There were 80 people there. Sandy McCann mentioned that the first time they had a Thanksgiving Feast the six people who attended could sit around one table. Our HUGS ministry — people with disabilities — is one of the great ministries in our church.
Hope you had a GREAT weekend as well.