Sorry, but have missed a week in posting anything. It started with us being in Indianapolis, IN last weekend participating in our daughter’s ordination service at Church at the Crossing (www.churchatthecrossing.org). There were 18 people who were ordained. I never get good web connections in Indy, so didn’t post anything there. We left Indy on Tuesday. So it’s been crazy. Hope you enjoy the reflections below. I’ll include both weekends.
- Last weekend it was great staying with Charlie & Loraine Kelley while in Indianapolis. Loraine and Louise are sisters, so had a good time catching up with them.
- The ordination service was something I’ll always remember. Mandy’s mentor asked me to deliver the ordination prayer for Mandy. I cried through the whole prayer. It was very moving for me to have that privilege. Mandy is now in Brazil with a team from her church. We are very proud of Mandy.
- My Mom — Virginia Baldwin — is with us. She went to Indy with us. She goes back to Rome, NY or Saturday. We are having a great time with her.
- Yesterday I performed a wedding in Pasadena, MD. The couple was just perfect. We were standing on a dock over the Chesapeake Bay. It was really fun.
- Worship gatherings were awesome again at LifePoint Church. Joe spoke on an imprecatory Psalm today. Excellent applications and things to think about.
- Working with some people from LifePoint who have been the victims of an African children’s choir tour gone bad, so had a meeting today to help them out. It looks like God is going to bring glory to Himself even in this bad situation.
Well that’s it for these last two weekends. My words don’t do our experiences justice. We really thank God for all He is doing in our lives and ministries.
Hope and pray you all had great weeks as well.