What a great weekend we had here in Central Maryland. Lots going on. Hope you enjoy the reflections!
- Thursday evening we ate dinner at O’Lordans. It’s an Irish Pub in downtown Westminster. We didn’t know that it was the first evening of Fall Fest in town. After dinner we watched the Fall Fest parade. I forgot how much I enjoy marching bands. Those that were in the parade were small but sounded great!
- Friday evening we spent time in Westminster again for Midnight Madness. That’s when all the stores in downtown are open and you can shop till midnight. There are bands that are performing throughout town and the main street is closed and there are classic cars and other stuff going on in town.
- Another great Men’s Frat session at LifePoint. It was affirming to me that God has had me on the three adventures that make a difference in life. And I didn’t even know it!
- Saturday evening was very special at LifePoint. Lance Burch our Pastor of Student Ministries spoke on Psalm 13. A Psalm of Lament! It was profound and moving.
- After the two gatherings we met at J&P Pizza in Finksburg with the leadership team of a ministry in Dnipropetrovsk, Ukraine. The ministry is Alpha & Omega (www.aomegaonline.org). We are considering taking a team of high schoolers there this next summer.
- Sunday at LifePoint was as moving as Saturday evening. We still need a number of children’s workers to be fully staffed. Our present team is getting a bit weary. Needs to be a priority these next several weeks.
- After people wrote out their complaint to God and put them in the cracked ground we have mounted on the walls in our worship center I spoke to what they had done. I stated, “Many of you did today what you thought you’d never do. You wrote out your complaint to God. This act of faith has made you stronger than you’ve ever been. When you leave this room you’ll never be the same again.” Lots of tears and hugging and saying honest things to one another and God this weekend at LifePoint Church.
Blessings to you all,