We had a great weekend. It was our 38th Wedding Anniversary. You’ll see what he did to celebrate below. Hope you all had a great weekend.
- Louise & I are becoming addicted to Price-Line.com. We booked a hotel in downtown DC to celebrate our 38th wedding anniversary. We had an awesome time and spent less than $100 for a great room close to the mall. Here are the things we did in DC:
- Toured the Newseum
- Attended a free Jazz concert in the Sculpture Garden of the Art Gallery
- Ate dinner at M & S Grill
- Had breakfast at a Starbucks. Ate outside and people watched.
- Had a great time at the old Post Office building. Went up the bell tour (3rd tallest structure in DC)
- Toured the Portrait Gallery
- Ate lunch at the cafe inside the Portrait Gallery. Beautiful, tranquil setting
- Ate a hotdog bought from a street vendor. Doesn’t get any better than that.
- We got back to LifePoint in time to attend the last single Saturday evening service @ LifePoint. Next week we start two services, a 4:30 & 6:15. What a step forward for the mission of Influencing People to Find and Follow Jesus!
- What a miracle time for LifePoint! We are close to being ready to start these two services, plus the two on Sunday mornings. We stand back in awe of what the Holy Spirit is doing in our midst!
- There is a growing movement of people wanting to make a difference in the lives of people who need compassion and justice. At least 5 of us are going to The Idea Camp at the end of this week in DC. Should be a great step forward for us. By the way, if you have not heard of The Idea Camp check out my post from last Monday It’s going to be a great time for many who are interested in the biblical approach to compassion and justice. Three cheers for Charles Lee who put this all together!
- Once again I love being in the LifePoint Video Cafe. We had 41 people there today. It was great.
- Lance did a great job teaching on the stage that includes the teenage years. It was applicable for us all.
Well have a GREAT week. I’m looking forward to what God has in store for us all.