Well here we are at the end of another weekend. Hope yours went as well as ours did.
- Went to the Chelsea vs. AC Milan game on Friday night. What a great time! I don’t know why the US doesn’t like soccer. And there were world class players on the field — Lampart, Terry, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko! We got ribbed for wearing our Newcastle United jerseys. Still bunches of fun. Just what I needed. Louise gave me the tickets for my birthday back in April. We were standing on the platform for the lightrail back to Hunt Valley after the game. What does it say about me when I have a great conversation with two drunks? I don’t know!
- Went to Philadelphia yesterday to have a birthday lunch with Mom Simons’ next door neighbor Mary Rogers. Mary has a birthday a day later than Mom, so a day younger. We had a good time with her.
- On the way home we stopped by my brother Paul’s house and picked up my nephew Tyler. He’s going to spend the rest of the week with us. His Dad is my youngest sibling. We’re going to have a great week.
- Today was a great day at LifePoint Church. Joe had an excellent talk about success. The worship team was off the charts. Excellent worship for sure.
- This was my second week teaching the older HUGS class. This is a group of developmentally disabled adults. We studied the first battle Saul fought for Israel. Then we thanked God for those who protect us. We had a great time together. This was a two week subbing on my part for the ministry. These guys are great fun and really love the Lord.
- The Mission from God campaign is rolling right along. Many are considering how they can make the second Saturday evening service work. We begin that on August 29th. It really is the biggest things we have done since moving to our present site. I am praying that God will do a miracle that will have us all standing in awe of His glory and power.