Last Wednesday evening I attended a Conversation with Dallas Willard at the University Club in Washington, D.C. Below you’ll find my notes from the evening. It was based on his new book Knowing Christ Today; Why We can Trust Spiritual Knowledge.
- Spiritual Knowledge has been taken out of the domain of knowledge and treated as tradition, or belief or superstition. When you take Spiritual Knowledge out of the intellectual arena morals and ethics go with it.
- There are four points of Christian Knowledge that need to be sought:
- There is the God the Father Almighty.
- The moral teaching of the Bible constitutes the basis for right and wrong.
- Christ’s presence in the world today is an area of knowledge.
- A realistic basis for tolerance comes from the Bible
- When Jesus states that the kingdom of heaven is at hand you can know that!
- It is not truth and knowledge that lead to violence, but the rejection of truth and knowledge that does.
- Hosea states that his people were perishing because of a lack of knowledge.
- John 17:3 asserts that eternal life is based on knowledge.
It was a great evening and I do look forward to reading the book. After doing so I may have more to blog about.
That’s this leader’s view.