Okay so it’s Monday morning! Sorry bout that. It was a crazy good weekend. So here are my reflections on the weekend.
- Friday evening and Saturday the elders met in retreat. We covered future building expansion, traffic concerns and our Gather Grow Serve strategy. It was just a good time to be with the elders and seek the heart of God for LifePoint Church. We were on Tilgman Island. The home we stayed in — thank you Jim and Sue — was right on the Chesapeake. What a great time with these guys and God!
- We skipped church Saturday evening and attended a birthday party for our next door nieghbor. It was a good time of connecting with people.
- Sunday morning was busy. I met with Mike and Joe to discuss a potential course on expanding the world view of people @ LifePoint. It was very productive.
- I met with our communion service leadership between services. These guys are great and want to serve our body through this important ministry. Our next communion is on Palm Sunday weekend.
- The Video Cafe was exciting as usual. There were lots of people there and Lance did a great job teaching from Colossians 2. Boy is he funny!
- After the morning I taped a greeting for our community group leadership meeting coming up a week from Thursday. I’ll be in Ukraine at that point, so taped a greeting to those people. Jeff knows how to transform my office into a video studio! What fun.
- Our community group meeting was good last evening. We discussed Nehemiah 7. We are using a study that took that chapter to discuss family. What we thought would be a sleeper of a study ended up being quite encouraging to us all. I am so thankful for the family God has given me!
Well that’s it! What a weekend. I hope yours was as good and fulfilling as mine.
That’s this leader’s view.